set letoff to get acceptable aftertouch?

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 23 13:30:17 MDT 2008

The operant word here is probably "console."
If this piano has a compressed action and short keys, it isn't going to
regulate very well at best.
A full sized vertical jack has about a 5.5 to 1 length to toe ratio. It
whips out of the way quickly.
Console actions have short jacks. They don't clear the butt very well.
The short keys don't fall back well, so it needs extra lost motion. It needs
help everywhere.
You're doing good if all the notes repeat and don't bobble too much.
Performance expectations of full-sized vertical actions don't apply to
console actions.
Good luck.
Ed Sutton