Keyslips making keys stick

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 22:44:27 MDT 2008

Thank you William, you saved me a reply to Matt, greatly appreciated and put much better than I would with my dyslexia! :-)
Cheers,
Alicia Evans

Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 23:36:00 -0500From: pianotech at a440piano.netSubject: Re: Keyslips making keys stickTo: pianotech at ptg.org

Matthew,

Do what works, fella.  Alicia's solution is elegant and simple.  Folded up business cards are not so elegant, IMO, but they work too.  Whatever.  Pick your battles.  I prefer what Alicia has suggested because it is smooth, adjustable and stable over the long term.  If you use a card and choose to use a dab of glue I'd use PVC-E as opposed to CA.

William R. Monroe

In one of your previous e-mails Alicia, you mentioned that you seem to feel that most people never use the una corda pedal.  Now you are saying that IF someone uses the pedal as much as you do, the cards will eventually slip out, and that you've been there done that.  Please enlighten my confusion here.  I am sure it's just me, lol.

BTW, it wouldn't hurt anything to use a few drops of glue (CA?) on the card before shimming.

Matthew