negative curved soundboard

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 21:56:08 MDT 2008

????In my opinion this is not the problem, it is the same old?is the problem of Compression crowning.?Asking soft flat sugar pine ribs to stay flexed for a lifetime is one thing but tight grain Sitka spruce ribs.....Uh uh,negatory. SO no crown...?? hmm lets lower the plate & crush it further. It just doesn't work
? ?I have seen many 30-40 year old Japanese pianos with flat sound board with the strings off. In this case there was a fair bit of truly bad technician-ing?possibly sprinkled with?other questionable decisions & character traits.?
? I'm baaaack.
???Dale

?
?