Credit??

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jun 20 06:42:49 MDT 2008

I have rarely extended credit...at least as far as monthly payments.  I
just think keeping track of that with many customers doing this would take
too much extra office time away from money making work time.

When I have a big project, in my contract I state that 50% of the cost is
put upfront with the remaining paid upon completion. Contracts are always
signed by all parties and work is not started until check is in the
bank...and cleared!

I may have scared off some people, but if they couldn't handle the
investment, then I would be hesitant to think they could afford monthly
payments...especially in our current economic situation.  If you want to
do the monthly payment option...BE CAREFUL! and plan on extra time calling
on late payments, chasing people down or get into the debt collection
business.

Paul

Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
06/20/2008 07:34 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Credit??

List,

  I noticed in the "G" Piano Works Labor Repair Guide, at the end where
he has his piano evaluation worsksheet and write up, there is space at
the bottom of the page called a "Payment Schedule".  It has a space to
write amounts for the down payment, and amount per month.

  Do any of you extend credit to clients if work is going to run in the
thousands?

 Matthew