Machine Threads in Pinblock, was WD-40, now plate screws!

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jun 18 07:41:19 MDT 2008

Ron N said: Looks like $3.96 each at Fastenal. MSC has them at $91.56 per

hundred. If you plan on doing more than one, less than 1/4 the

price is worth mail order. I'll be ordering another box soon.

Now if I could just find some neat looking cap nuts at a

similar price. FWIW, I think standard acorn nuts are fairly

ugly, and everything I've seen so far that wasn't has been

over $4 each.

Who is MSC?

Below is a post I made in '05 on my first plate suspension set up. Current
prices are socket screws for $3.54 ea and nickel plated acorn nuts for $10
per 50 pack from McMaster Carr, www.mcmaster.com <http://www.mcmaster.com/>
.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359