set letoff to get acceptable aftertouch?

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 17:46:11 MDT 2008

Daniel,

Like Terry said, decrease hammer blow distance.  Then your problems
(bobbling hammers/heavy touch) are probably due to too-strong hammer and/or
damper springs...and it also could be too-soon damper lift.  Also checking
the height of the balance hole with a balance hole reamer would be in order.
OK, check for too-tight balance holes and bushings, too.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL