Machine Threads in Pinblock, was WD-40

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 14:32:32 MDT 2008

I hadn't followed the WD-40 thread, so I don't know who (Michael) you are referring to Fenton, but I also routinely use machine screws in pinblocks. I really can't tell you exactly what size/bit/etc. I use - just whatever size machine screw fits and I use coarse thread and drill as small a hole as I can screw a nicely buttered-up machine screw in there.

Just seems to me that a machine screw is more secure than a wood screw- you have full length of the machine screw with treads locked into the wood. If I'm not mistaken, Ron Overs is doing this also - probably others.

Terry Farrell