Bass Bridge

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Sun Jun 15 07:11:48 MDT 2008

Mathew,

Another consideration, if you are contemplating a rebuild of a piano
with an apron, is to do a new bass-bridge design and remove the apron
altogether. About the only good purpose which I can think of, for an
apron, is it provided sales people with a feature for discussion,
which does absolutely nothing positive for the tone of the instrument.

If you are interested in further information on this topic you'll
find plenty of discussion in the archives.

To all of those going to Anaheim next week, have a good time. My
colleague from Aus, Michael Ryan is on his way. I cannot come this
year because I'm working on the design of a new grand piano for a
planned launch at next year's IAPBT meeting in Queensland Australia.
The work load to get the tooling and the piano (a 173 cm [5'8"] grand
piano measured with the top lid on) built by September next year will
be considerable.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY