pitman retrofit: Lubricant?

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Jun 12 06:01:05 MDT 2008

pitman retrofitMy understanding is that in this pitman retrofit we have wood capped with a felt punching, resting in a leather cup, yes?  If so, I wonder if any lubricant would be necessary.  If I had to lubricate between the felt and the leather, I'd probably go with a Teflon powder.

If it were just wood on leather, I use Protek's MPL-1.

William R. Monroe

  What kind of lubricant might be used at these pressure points?

  Kindest Regards,

  Garret

  ---