impacted shop practices

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 18:40:08 MDT 2008

Oh yeah that! Hey, mines.....duuuuunnnn...well almost.
   Dale

Try using grade 8 chrome flat head socket screws, or stainless show polished.  No slips, no broken screws.  Works swell for nosebolts too.

"HEY, aren't you supposed to be getting a piano ready for the National??",,

Oh yeah,, THAT.  Ok,, back to work!

                Michael Spreeman
http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:08:54 -0500
> From: rnossaman at cox.net
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Subject: Re: impacted shop practices
>

> > Alrighty then. I got one... so I'm trying it.
> > Up till now I have used a brace & bit...Carefully. But its' a hard
> > work. I usually fit all the screws to the new block before finishing
> > just to avoid those famous words........oooops!!! MAn I hate that
> > Dale
>
> I hate that too. I'd been running a long screw of the same
> diameter into the block with my 3/8" VSR drill, which takes a
> lot of the work out of driving them by hand, either with a
> brace or ratchet, but it's still work. The biggest potential
> problem I see with the impact is breaking the heads of old
> screws. I started replacing old pinblock screws years ago
> because of that, and was driving them by hand.
>
> If we had any sense, we'd just switch to Robertson's and get
> it over with.
> Ron N

It’s easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How. =

[Image Removed]

[Image Removed]