pitman retrofit

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 23:22:52 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/10/2008 8:22:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
erwinspiano at aol.com writes:

Mark
Nice protocol
What about the squeekage  factor of the old pitman in the felt lined hole.
Any issues?
Dale?

I'm not Mark, but I think he means use the old hole and make a new (dowel)
pitman. Pull the old felt out to create a little more clearance.

Bob Davis

. If you're  dealing with
an older Steinway with the  5/8" original pitman, it isn't even  necessary to
drill out the hole  through the keybed."

- Mark Dierauf

THANKS MARK!!

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044