impacted shop practices

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 21:19:03 MDT 2008

? Pictures Ron...Pictures.? No ....I didnt' know about this.? It sound maniacal but apparently it? works.
? Dale

?
For years, I've used an impact wrench to pull tuning pins, and think it's terrific. Recently, I used it to take out a set of plate screws with an appropriate 3/8" square drive bit (Apex). It worked wonderfully! The screws literally *leaped* out of the pinblock as fast as I could move from one screw to the next. Some of them even jumped clear out of the piano and I had to chase them down. Today, I thought "what the heck", or something along those lines, and used the same bit to drive then back into the new block. I'm sold. I installed all of what looked like at least 900 very shiny plate screws in about 15 or 20 minutes without breaking a sweat or chipping paint. And that was being cautious. Screw heads look good too.?
?
This may be something everyone on the planet but me already knew, but if you didn't already, you ought to consider looking into it.?
?
Ron N?