Pin bushings with CA glue application

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Tue Jun 10 06:06:17 MDT 2008

Gordon,

Just a quick note from the "less is more" school of thought.  Though I'm
sure I'm not as minimal as some in this procedure, I tend toward using less
CA.  Probably my biggest reason for doing so is mess/potential for damage.

For starters, I have yet to tip an upright for application.  Capillary
action works quite well without tipping.  And, more importantly for me, I
have no worries about CA running down the plate/strings/whatever.  Once
capillary action fails to draw in any more CA, you know you're done.  It
takes a couple to get the hang of seeing that you're almost there to avoid
dripping, but if you go slow to start, you'll get it pretty fast.  Still,
wise men still have paper towels handy.......and debonder.

I also tend to work in two passes.

William R. Monroe