Dulcitone tuning fork piano?

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Sun Jun 8 12:05:56 MDT 2008

Well if it's using samples, it's a sampler and not a synthesizer,
technically speaking - although some electric instruments are
combinations of the two (part of the sound being a sample, but with
added synthesizer abilities to use filters and oscillators etc. to
modify the sound infinitely - like my trusty old Roland D-50's).

There's a certain merging of qualities occurring, as Kent Swafford's
recent piano samples thread revealed. More and more gray areas, with
increasingly convincing simulacrums. I found the diversity of
perceptions and opinions about those recordings pretty interesting.

Allen Wright