Fuel surcharge?

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat Jun 7 07:25:45 MDT 2008

Not to rip your head off, Matthew, but you might consider this: You need to
make X amount of dollars. Your total fuel charge eats into that amount.
Those who wish to use your services at a distance add a proportionally
greater amount to that fuel bill. If you don't charge them for it, then your
local customers bear the burden.

I have lots of customers in a 50 mile radius. There are local part time
tuners out there they could use. They want me. They must pay for the extra
fuel and time it takes for me to get there. Either that or I have to bill it
to my local customers so I can get the X amount of dollars I need for my
budget. I don't think my local customers should have to pay for me to
service 50 miles away.

I have two rates, one in county rate and an out of county rate that is $6
higher. The out of county people know they are paying more. Nobody has ever
voiced the first complaint. They expect it.

I like Phil's system. I think I'll consider it.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802