web hosting - dot Mac users

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:20:09 MDT 2008

Checking to see if any other Mac user has tried the dot Mac web hosting for
their piano service web site.
I'm thinking of trying it since I already pay for the service. I'd like to
have something graphical (i.e., simple) like iWeb so I could make small
changes easily rather than having to call my web designer.  (Or screwing it
up by trying to slug through FrontPage and then having to call the web guy.)
  And I could then legitimately deduct my dot Mac expenses as a business
expense. <g>

>From the web site: "By popular demand, if you have a registered domain name,
you can now use it for your .Mac site.* Setting it up is simple, and you can
still publish it with one click from iWeb. It's an easy way to give your
site or blog the ultimate personal touch."

One thing I'm wondering is if Google will search and index pages from dot
Mac.  I'll have to check that out first.

--
JF