tuning people

holly quigley hollyquigley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:49:01 MDT 2008

You know, for as much as I'm tempted to get up in arms about people who rub
me the wrong way in this business, I have to ultimately welcome both the
crotchety curmudgeons and the snap-judgemental-spouters I come across. Those
types are, after all, who inspired me to take matters into my own hands and
decide to learn how to tune my own piano. So I'd never have to deal with
that type of person touching my piano again.

There's a place for everyone, I'm certain. I'm sure that the grumpy old
"piano doctor" (an RPT no less) who once wrinkled his nose at my Kawai and
said "ew Kawais have mushy pinblocks," proceeding to take four hours to tune
it and making it sound the worse it had sounded in 20 years - I have no
doubt whatsoever that he had clients who thought he was the best of all
tuners and yes yes, Baldwin and Steinway were the only pianos a person
should own.

But ultimately, we are in a "people" business here. *shrug* just sayin'!

peace,
Holly Quigley
SCORCHING it up here in hot hot Georgia...