Samick is crap?

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 4 10:00:03 MDT 2008

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I deal with people just as much as pianos.  I've stayed out of this thread 'till now because Ms. Evans (thank you, Alicia!) rubbed me the wrong way.  But, there's room for all kinds, and I realize that how someone comes across on the 'net may not reflect their real persona.  So, I waited.  Now, I'm under the impression that Alicia may be, as you say, 'too much the musician', (is that possible?).  But there's nothing wrong with that, just something we're not 'used to' in a collegial sense--we all have 'them' as clients.  I also have the impression, through her use of language and her experience with Bos that she may not be originally from the US (or just a damn Yankee that don't know how to act...just kidding!!).  I think I now agree with Fenton that she will do well, and extend a belated welcome to the mob!

As far as "Samick is crap", well, we all choose what kind of tech we want to be:  the "high-end, wouldn't touch that spinet with a 20-foot pole" type, or the "yeah, it's not the greatest, but let's see what we can do" type, or anything in between.  Nothing wrong with any of it.  But, as for me, I see it just that way:  more a difference of techs, not pianos...(not defending Mr. Lester's elbows, though!)

John