too much mass

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 08:11:07 MDT 2008

Hi Kerry,

Hmm, good point.  Maybe I did something to the hammer springs, too. Or maybe
it's about having <all> the springs at the right tension so timing of the
parts' movement is correct.  It's been so long ago, I'm having a problem
remembering what I did.  Mostly I recall setting a sample in the piano by
pulling on the damper spring and then pulling the action out of the piano
and working from "behind"--pushing on the levers after adjusting the springs
so they felt like they had the same resistance.  Not very scientific, but
reasonable results can be had if a person has a sensitive touch.

So much for my great advice!  :-}  Darn, I don't have an upright action
model to goof around with.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL