Samick is crap?

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 07:07:14 MDT 2008

At a local college where I am the technician, we have
about 5 Yamaha P22's, and 4 or 5 Samick SU121A's.
These pianos endure horrible environmental shifts,
from radiator-generated heat in the winter (extremely
low humidity), to open windows and high humidity (the
college is about two blocks from Lake Michigan) in the
spring and summer months.

Surprisingly, I find that the Samicks hold their tune
far better than the Yamahas in these extreme
conditions.   I do find, however, that there are more
technical problems with the Samicks, such as loose
flange pins, or broken strings.  This may be partly
due to the fact that they are a bit older than the
Yamahas.

Just an observation,

Tom Sivak