CA Glue for pin blocks

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Tue Jun 3 13:07:31 MDT 2008

I echo what Andrew posted, and would remind you, if the pin block were good, we wouldn't be contemplating this process.  The pinblock is shot.  Now you must decide which solution is appropriate (listed in order of cost):

1.    CA
2.    Oversize pins
3.    Plug and Drill (or some variant)
4.    Replace the block

1 does not preclude 2, which does not preclude 3, which does not preclude 4, should something fail along the way - not that I'm recommending you use them all.   ;-]

I suppose 1 and 2 could be interchanged, if your preference for technique trumps cost.

William R. Monroe

  Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience.  My concern is not so much whether it will work but rather whether will it destroy a good pin block.  I've seen too many pin blocks ruined by Pin Tite.  I guess my question is, if it doesn't work can I still go ahead and re-pin?

  Jonathan Best