Haynes large upright player piano

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 11:39:43 MDT 2008

I was asked by a convent at a Christian school here in Laredo to
evaluate their pianos.  Among them is a Haynes player upright with an
intact and apparently working pedal-pumped player action in it.  I
say apparently working because there wasn't a roll present to test it
with.  The case was nice, no alligatoring and the few notes I sampled
tuned up firm.  If this were a plain piano I'd have no trouble
valuing it but the player system is the wild-card.  Do people collect
these? Is there any market?  They want to sell.

Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano