CA Glue for pin blocks

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jun 3 07:48:23 MDT 2008

I've never used CA glue on tuning pinns and wouldn't recoomend doing so.. I
know a technician who has with disasterous results.

Hi Alicia

You should expand your sample. I bet for every tech you could come up with
that had disastrous results there are several dozen with excellent results.
My personal results with CA have been excellent.

On the other hand, my personal results with Pin Tite have been hugely
disappointing. I found it to only work in 50% of the cases and in many of
those cases only for 2-4 years. You also find the old grands with severely
stained pin fields showing many applications of dope over the years. Those
pianos typically have very spongy pins and will respond very poorly to pin
tite treatment. They will, however, respond with excellent results to CA
treatment.

I suggest you try it! You'll like it! :-)

2 oz apply with hypo oiler.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272