The eyes have it : - )

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Jun 3 05:50:47 MDT 2008

Garrett:

I've had trifocals for many years and they have worked fine for me.  I
think the choice depends far more on personality characteristics than
your profession.  Some people have a terrible time adjusting to even
bifocals.  If that transition was difficult for you I'd say tri's are
going to be even more so.  However, if you were "native" with bifocals
the day after you received them than you'll probably be OK.  I've always
thought the progressive lenses are for people who don't want the lines
in their glasses that indicate their age range.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu