too much mass

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Mon Jun 2 17:49:31 MDT 2008

Hi,

The piano is a Bell 42" upright. The keys are very "front heavy" but the
down weight is very high. I'm loathe to add lead weights near the capstans
because it is already too heavy.

Can I make a significant change by drilling horizontal holes on the key top
side of the balance rail, or is this just wishful thinking on my part? Yes,
I know it will make it feel even more like a truck--but at least the piano
will be able to repeat reliably.

Windmills anyone?
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7