hammer lacquer clumping

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:55:34 MDT 2008

Greg,

If you are using a good quality lacquer thinner, it may be contaminated or has a high water content. There is definitely something in your lacquer thinner kicking out the nitrocellulose. Find yourself a good quality lacquer thinner or use MEK or Acetone. I prefer MEK to acetone because it's slower and has more time to penetrate deep into the hammer, but lacquer thinner is best to use in the shop or when you have time for it to dry.

Al Guecia