was Rebuilding Henry now stiffeners

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sun Jun 1 19:50:53 MDT 2008

> Incidentally, there are two more rods through the treble belly
> rail and into the rim, as both stiffeners and mass loads.
> These seem to work as well or better than adding a wooden beam
> brace, and are very quick and easy to install.
>
> Ron N

The PianoTek Treble Tone Resonator I believe is designed to be tightened
once installed so as to slightly pull the rim toward the belly rail.
Your rods are stationary as compared to this? Give similar effect? plus the
mass load.

More curiosity:
I have often wondered what direction the force against the belly brace beams
is. Are the typical wooden beams supporting a load in one or both directions
paralell to the beams? Which direction?
It would make sense that the case would tend to expand under string load??
In that case would it not make sense that beams should be dovetailed into
case and bellyrail as opposed to just mortised?

Gene