copyright

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 09:04:48 MDT 2008

The accuracy of disseminated information trumps any risk of overstaying a
topic's welcome.  I see nothing indicating any grudge issues.

Back to the issue, as PRJ suggests, citing the source provides another
protection which is that the information you get from a particular source
may be incorrect.  For example, I have found that the Steinway research
department and Pierce do no always agree on the dates of manufacture.  If
you are writing an appraisal it might be wise to cite the source so that you
are not held liable for providing incorrect information.  Also, since there
are multiple sources for this type of information how would you possibly
determine a breach of copyright had occurred (even if the information itself
was copywrited-which I'm inclined to believe from my legal resources that it
is not).

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com