Smokey piano

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 30 19:24:14 MDT 2008

There is a way to completely remove the odor, and that is to use an ozone machine.  I know a technician in the Houston area that knows how to do complete restoration of smoke damaged pianos.  His name is Jim Commander.  You can find him in the directory or online on the PTG website.  You would need to purchase, rent, or otherwise hire an ozone machine to do the job.  They are used extensively in homes that are damaged by flood, and can also get rid of mold spores.  As far as the soot goes, you would have to deal with that too.  There is a chemical called Odoban, which you can also use to get rid of the smell.  Jim told me about this.  I suggest you talk to him about this stuff.  Good luck.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

Paul McCloud
Service Technician for PianoSD.com