Old Erard

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 30 18:58:00 MDT 2008

I recently tuned a similar Erard. Several pins were loose enough to slip
with a mezzo-forte blow.
I injected a few drops of thin CA with an insulin syringe, tuned other notes
and gave the glue a few minutes to harden.
The CA'd notes tuned well, and I gave them a few drops after tuning them,
just for insurance.
The pinblock is very cramped, so you will understand the need for a small
syringe to apply CA.
Erard pinblocks are prone to splitting (I have been told). CA seems a good
way to tighten a pin without stressing the block.
Ed Sutton