Filling fingernail gouges on fallboard

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 02:45:49 MDT 2008

Paul writes, inre veneer repair:

<<  A Wurlitzer upright,
epoxy finish that has a HUGE piece missing from the left cheek.  It's
probably 8-9 inches long with all veneer, finish, etc gone, just the
plywood showing on the curve from just where it starts at the music-desk
area to around the curve down to the key-slip.....ie  two curves.
How does one fix this one?????  It's a real yucky piano, and in a practice
room, so I'm not too concerned.  >>

      I don't have a plan for that.  At Vanderbilt, the cosmetic repair of
practise room pianos is so far down the list of priorities that we simply don't
do it.  I have always budgeted the available funds towards the functioning
aspects.  Teachers studios are more likely to have this kind of work done for
their aesthetic value in the decor, but not the "mules" in the practise room.
   I know there are some others on the list with far more experience in
veneer repair than I, perhaps they will offer a cheap, sensible approach.  ( I like
good contact cement for curves, but with the right cauling and clamping, the
hide glue is still traditionally good for centuries).
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Get fantasy football with free live scoring.
Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.<BR>
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)</HTML>