String Replacement Results

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jul 24 15:25:29 MDT 2008

Matthew:

My only observations would be that removing the action would make the
job much easier and safer for the dampers.  Also you can just turn the
pins out 1 turn if you make the coils on a dummy pin and then put the
pre-made coil on the tuning pin.  That saves a lot of turning of the
tuning pin which will make it looser.  Of course in my situation broken
strings are quite common so I do everything I can to minimize that kind
of wear since there is a great likelihood that the new string will also
break.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu <mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>