income per mile

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 20:42:53 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Fenton Murray <fmurray at cruzio.com>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:00 pm
Subject: Re: income per mile

Wim,

This is avoiding your question, but, if you've brought home 65K in your first year in Hawaii, you must indeed know something about the Business of Piano Tuning. Not bad.

Fenton

Having the know-how of running a tuning business was helpful, but?what also helped me were three things. One, another tuner sent me quite?few referrals.Two, I bought 440 names from?a tuner who died. And three, I tuned for a store, who also gave me customers.The rest was just good old fashioned?hustle.?I worked long hours, and took?on anything and everything that came my way.

Unfortunately, even with as much?money as?I made, it wasn't enough to make a living here. My wife and I depleted our savings, and even had to borrow money to pay the rent for the last 4 months. But it looks like we turned a corner, and next year looks very promising.?

WIm ?