Breaking a String

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jul 23 07:01:23 MDT 2008

I was a little shocked that Steinway uses Mapes.  I learned this at
Oberlin last week from Kent Webb.  Why then, do I still like Alredge and
GC better in sound quality?? Not beating down Mapes.  I do use them as
well.

Paul

"Michael Kurta" <mkurta at roadrunner.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
07/22/2008 10:30 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Breaking a String

    I second the motion on good service from Mapes.  When our chapter went
through the Steinway factory in February we were told that their strings
come from Mapes.  Pretty fair testimonial I'd say....
    Mike Kurta
    Syracuse chapter