Clicking Damper Head

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Tue Jul 22 15:26:37 MDT 2008

I have vigorously practiced my tuning today, so I am barely type.

  On the Sherman Clay I was working on today, I noticed that a damperhead in the bass hits the damper head next door as well as the bass strut.  When you play anything louder than a "p" on that key, you can tell the damperhead has way to much side to side play and vibration, and hence, you hear an audible tapping.

  I have noticed this on at least 3 or 4 out 10 grands I come across.  What would be the best procedure for remedy here?

  Thank you,
  Matthew

  PS  Is damper head one or two words???