Breaking a String

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Jul 22 12:11:38 MDT 2008

It's very easy to make a jig out of a 2x4, a couple tuning pins, and some
finishing nails to terminate the speaking length and for the "hitch pin."
The test, I believe, is on such a jig anyhow, and just as importantly, you
don't have to worry about getting your replaced and/or tied strings stable
again.

If you want practice replacing real strings, just look up a couple of your
rusty old uprights!

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN