Breaking a String

AAA Piano Works, LLC aaapianoworks at verizon.net
Tue Jul 22 12:56:37 MDT 2008

Using a micrometer, get the diameter measurement of the core wire, then the
diameter  measurement of the string including the copper winding, then using
a ruler.get the length of the wrapping from where is starts along the length
of the string to where it ends.then the distance from the hitch pin loop to
where the wrapping starts.

Take these 4 measurements and call Schaff and order a new string.  J

bd