Getting to know your clients

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Tue Jul 22 11:20:23 MDT 2008

I had a customer who was a Scott Joplin afficianado.  She said she didn't play very well and was interested in Joplin from an historical and archival point of view.  I arrived early one time and could hear her playing from the driveway.  She was better than good.  I never complimented her on her playing for fear of  embarrassing her, but I arrived early from then on to sit on her stairs and listen.  She always played for half an hour before the service appointment.