steinway pedal plate screws

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Jul 21 12:55:48 MDT 2008

David,

The things I'll do to avoid working.  I dismantled the pedals from my
1920ish O.  The thread looks like it might be 30tpi, since it is more
than the 28tpi leaf and less than the next (32tpi) leaf, by what
looks like the same amount.  The screw diameter is .2125".  I don't
know when they changed that, or how often, but it is certainly not
the current spec.  What's the vintage of the piano in question?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY