Filling fingernail gouges in sides of keys

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 07:57:42 MDT 2008

It's a piano I purchased that needed rebuilding but the keytops had been
done (just).  If I can't find a reasonable way to fill them I may just bite
the bullet and have a new set of keys made.  Inlays are not invisible either
and, in fact, a couple of keys had been done (don't ask me why not all of
them were).  The sharps had also been replaced with some cheesy plastic and
everything else needs doing too so I'm debating $$$ outlay versus my time
and I usually opt in favor of my time these days.  But thanks for the
suggestions.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com