Filling fingernail gouges in sides of keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jul 20 20:36:27 MDT 2008

> I considered using epoxy mixed with a microlight faring filler and some
> colloidal silica and colored to closely match.  Adhesion shouldn't be a
> problem but I'm wondering if the epoxy will create a problem with the
> plastic.
>
> David Love

It shouldn't be a problem with the plastic, but I wouldn't use
colloidal silica. The fairing filler should be vastly more
sandable by itself. I have no idea how you'd match the color,
because nothing ever cures for me the same color it's mixed.
I'd mix it pretty "dry", for maximum sandability.

I've used the Durham's on other things, but not on this.
Still, it strikes me as worth a try mixed dry by itself with
epoxy (as a filler), since the color's already pretty close.
Hmmm, I'll have to try that.

Ron N