Chickering Quarter Grand Pinblock

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat Jul 19 21:54:21 MDT 2008

Nick wrote: Questions: most of us know about the machine-screwed, two-step
pinblock fit to the two-step plate flange (ouch). I understand per my fellow
tech and friend, Les Conover of Albuquerque, how to fit the new block using
a straight ¾” router bit and a router table set up. Any other (aka simpler?)
ideas out there?

Below is a picture of how Terry Farrell just replaced the tuning pin hole
fields on an upright. You might consider that approach.

I’m getting ready to do one myself on a block that is fairly complex in how
it fits up. The block is structurally sound, it just needs new tuning pin
holes.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272