question for aural tuners

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 18 19:01:39 MDT 2008

John,
The mention of using 4ths and 5ths all the way down the bass caught my
attention.  I also find those intervals useful all the way down the
bass in some
pianos .  Another quick test I use is adding the 5th and octave all the
way down
and adding the triple octave on top.  Try to make this chord sound as
beatless as possible.
I would classify these test as 'musical' and not necessarily
'technical'.   As others
have said use what interval gets the best sounding results.

Joel
  Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI