Bicycle box for transporting grand action works great...

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 08:18:07 MDT 2008

.... and perfectly adequate if the box is "clean" and the action is old and not.
    For new or just-restored actions, build a  hefty, immaculate crate out of new wood and paint the inside. Removable strips of foam keep the action from shifting, and handles on the outside are for lugging.

Euphonious Thumpe

P.S. Most tire stores have humongous compressors with vast outputs of air, that are great for cleaning actions! ( Wear goggles, & give 'em a  few bucks. ) )