Noisy Dampers on Shift

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Jul 16 15:39:51 MDT 2008

Everybody's suggestions are all worthwhile and should be considered.  Just
because it's a Fazioli does not mean that it doesn't have hard trichord
felt.  It certainly wouldn't be the first new piano with hard felt - I
replaced the trichord felts on a less than a year old Steinway B a few years
ago under warranty because they were noisy.

And you say "slow release of the key".  I'm not trying to blame the player
here, but I think if you release the key slowly enough, just about any piano
will " zzzzup".  I would have the player play the note and release in the
manner which he normally plays and gets this noise.

It doesn't hurt to state the obvious sometimes too.

Will Truitt