Tuning a Kawai Grand RX-2

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 18:03:14 MDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:23 AM, AlliedPianoCraft <
AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> I have a customer with a Kawai Grand RX-2. I am having a problem in the 2
> treble sections. As I have stated on this list, I am not a proponent of
> excessive pounding, but it's what I must do on this piano to gain any tuning
> stability. At the last tuning I applied some Protec on the treble strings at
> the Capo with just a little improvement, but not nearly what I would like.
> This customer is using this piano to record a CD and needs it to stay in
> perfect tune. I must go and touch-up the treble about once a month. Any
> thoughts on this?
>
> Al Guecia

Hi Al,

You've had a lot of great advice so I won't offer advice just remind you of
what a mentor used to tell me. A piano tuning is like a hair cut, after the
right side is cut as they are working on the left the right side is growing
and already beginning to need a trim.
After a month especially if they are recording, pounding over the same notes
over & over & over, a tuning should be expected.

Mike
--
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404