Tuning a Kawai Grand RX-2

Jonathan Best jb at bubblemusic.com
Tue Jul 15 08:34:38 MDT 2008

I echo Kendal... I used to tune for recording studios regularly and it
was de-facto standard to finish tuning just when the session was
starting and sometimes to stay during the session for touch ups.  This
I would do for concerts as well.  When customers ask me how often to
tune their piano I tell them every six months minimum, not so it will
be in tune, just so it won't be ridiculously out.  You can even
stretch that to a year if you're hurtin for cash but more than that
you might as well get a digital.  On the other extreme, like a bridge
painter, I'll start at the beginning when i get at the end if you want
me to.

Jonathan Best
jb at bubblemusic.com
928-830-4887