Key Bushing

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 15 07:12:09 MDT 2008

Hi Jack - do you wish to borrow a set of cauls? I've got most of Bill's caul sets - mortise sizing and other. What size are you looking for - what size are your pins? I think I've done a Chickering before, so I might have the cauls.

I'd wonder if maple would be a good choice for caul making. When I put my mortise sizing cauls in, the key wood is usually a little wet - I'd be concerned that the maple would swell and who knows what size the mortise would end up. But that's just my guess.

If I can help, let me know.

Terry Farrell