Tuning a Kawai Grand RX-2

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 09:30:24 MDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Jon Page <jonpage at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Its just a few unisons that go out (and not the same ones) in the treble
> section, no matter
>
> how hard I pound to set it. It usually goes out within a week
>

>  I don't have faith in pounding. My money is on hammer technique/pin
> setting.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Jon Page

I agree.
Maybe try tuning the treble twice?  How badly do the unisons go out in a
week's time?  Are the temperature and humidity constant?  Any A/C blowing on
the piano?  Any lights on during recording that are not on while you're
tuning?
A Piano Life Saver system with undercover (and possibly string cover) would
be a necessity in that particular situation.

--
JF