Hardware stores

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 16:53:36 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Jonathan Best <jb at bubblemusic.com> wrote:

>   Those only exist in the big cities now where there's not enough room for
> a Big Box.  We had one in Brooklyn... just one storefront with more of what
> you needed than an entire Home Depot on the edge of town cause the kid who
> helped me would say to his dad, hey that's the second guy who asked for a 3
> mm whosamawidget with 33 threads pi with nutcases on both ends and the dad
> would say, "well son you better order that."
>
>  On Jul 10, 2008, at 6:06 AM, Michael Kurta wrote:
>
>      My favorites are the old stores with the creaky wooden floors, narrow
> aisles, you can buy nails by the pound, and the ubiquitous older owner in
> evidence.  Not many around any more.
>     Mike Kurta, RPT

I depend on Ace Hardware/Farmers Shipping & Supply Co-Op. The Hardware store
is owned by the Co-op and frequented by farmers and guys working
construction in the area. 2 full aisles of REAL hardware. All of those
fascinating boxes on the slide out trays with varying sizes of metric
and SAE nuts, bolts screws and washers in stainless, brass, plastic, chrome
and so much more!
Mike
--
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404